Christmas @ Home
Christmas is always a great time to proclaim Jesus! Christmas@Home will allow unbelieving friends & family to join the SLE Christmas service, but in the comfortable environment of someone's home!
Suggestions on how to run your Christmas @ Home
Some of you might be wondering a little about how to run your Christmas @ Home session. Here's some details & suggestions that might help:
- The online service will last for about 1 hour only, with the sermon being shorter than usual.
- There is a Kids' Spot during the service, to help engage the younger ones watching.
- The will be a pared down version of Discussion Question time. It'll just be one question asked for you and your guests to chew on, pretty much just finding out what they thought of the key message in the talk.
For some groups, that might look like:
- Meet together & spend time easing in, saying hi to each other, snacking over a cheeseboard
- About 15 mins later we'll start watching the live stream
- After the live-stream, we'll leave about 15 minutes for discussion about what we've heard
- Then we'll serve lunch, and keep getting to know our guests and see if there's any way we can help them on their spiritual journey.
Something for the kids
In addition to the Kids' Spot during the service, we also these downloadable and printable worksheets to keep the kids engaged.
It always helps to print them out early and have all writing/colouring materials ready.
- Colouring - Baby Jesus (suitable for younger kids)
- Colouring - God made Earth and Me (suitable for younger kids)
- Colouring - God made the world (suitable for younger kids)
- Puzzle/Activity - Come and meet Jesus
- Puzzle - Give thanks
- Puzzle - Mary, Joseph, and the Angel
- Puzzle - Shepherds and hidden numbers